- Does insurance or Medicare cover the cost?
The HandyScoot™ is not covered by insurance or Medicare.
- Can you take the HandyScoot™ on an airplane?
Yes. We recommend you ride the scooter up to the plane door instead of checking it as luggage which subjects it to greater damage. Once you arrive at the plane door, they will ask you to remove the battery and carry it on board. They then hand carry the scooter down to the cargo section of the plane. You should always contact your airline in advance of your trip and tell them you will be bringing a scooter.
- What is the HandyScoot’s™ weight capacity?
Must mobility scooters can handle riders at less than 250lbs. The HandyScoot™ mobility scooter can handle people up to an incredible 350 lbs.
- What is the weight capacity of the baskets and luggage rack?
Each can carry up to 25 lbs.
- What is the battery range?
Up to 15 miles on a charge.
- How fast can the HandyScoot™ go?
Up to 9 mph. There are 3 settings: 0-3 mph, 0-6 mph and 0-9 mph
- Can the battery be charged while it is on the scooter?
Yes. The charging plug is accessible when the battery is connected to the scooter.
- What is the turning radius for the HandyScoot™?
The turning radius is 26” which makes it easily used indoors around tight corners.
- Can the HandyScoot™ get wet?
All attempts to keep the controls and battery dry are best. Wire corrosion from long term exposure to moisture is the concern.
- What is the warranty?
There is a 2 year limited warranty on the complete scooter. This does not apply to user damage or misuse.
- How much does the heaviest part of the scooter weigh?
29 lbs. That is without the seat and battery.
- What is the total weight of the HandyScoot™?
- How much of an incline can the HandyScoot™ manage?
The HandyScoot™ meets the American Disabilities Act requirement of a 6° grade. Based on customer feedback, it can do at least double that grade.
- How long will the battery last?
The battery is good up to 500 charges. It is always best to drain the battery as much as possible before recharging it.
- How long does it take to recharge the battery?
It will take 1-3 hours based on the age of the battery and how much it is drained.
- Can the battery be charged in a car or SUV?
Yes. You will need to get a plug adapter for the cigarette lighter. Many SUV’s have a build in plug.
- Will the charger work in other countries?
Yes. The charger is rated for 100-240V. It does have a US plug. You will need to purchase a plug adapter that corresponds to the country you will be visiting.
- Do I need to get an extra battery when I purchase my HandyScoot™?
Many prefer to purchase an extra battery but it is based on personal preference. The HandyScoot™ battery recharges quickly so in most cases, an extra battery is not needed. If you do purchase a spare battery, you will need to rotate using them as you will have to recharge each battery at least once every 3-6 months.
- Where can I have my HandyScoot™ serviced?
Any bicycle or ebike shop with a service department will be able to assist.
- Is there a return policy if the HandyScoot™ does not work out for me?
There is a 7 day return policy on your purchase. You have 7 days to contact us after you have received your HandyScoot™. It will need to be returned in the original box, with all the parts and in new condition. Return shipping charges and a 10% restocking fee will apply to the return.
- What are the battery temperature ranges?
Storage temperature range: -4° F (-20°C) to 104°F (40°C)
Charging temperature range: 32°F (0ºC) to 104ºF (40ºC)
Operating temperature range: -4ºF (-20ºC) to 122ºF (50ºC)
- What is included in with purchase?
The purchase of the HandyScoot™ includes the scooter, 288 watt lithium ion battery, battery charger, foldable basket, luggage bar and a light for the front handlebar.
- Will the charger work outside outside the USA?
Yes. The charger is rated for 100-240V. It comes with a US plug so you will need a local plug adapter.